From start to finish, we guide you in all divorce-related matters.
To get started or explore if the Oregon Divorce Guides process is right for you, follow these three easy steps:
1. Schedule your 45-minute Free Divorce Consultation
Contact us with at least two options of meeting times that work for both of you. Please set aside a full 2 hours for this meeting, unless you only want to gather information during the 45-minute free divorce consultation. While we normally meet in person at one of our offices, we can also meet by video or telephone conference upon request. We ask that you each complete steps #2 and #3 below prior to the meeting to get the most benefit from the meeting.
During your free 45-minute divorce consultation, your guide will spend 5-10 minutes with both of you answering your questions, then speak with you each separately for 10-15 minutes about your individual goals and concerns. In the final 5 minutes, we will review together a map of our process and either:
- Begin working together, spending the next 1 hour and 15 minutes making progress towards your settlement (during which our normal rates will be charged),
- Schedule the first 2-hour working meeting at a different time, or
- Help you identify if a different service or type of approach better meets your current needs.
2. Complete our Client Information Form
Prior to your free divorce consultation meeting, we request that each of you complete our online client information form so that your Divorce Guide has an overview of your situation. We will never share your information with anyone.
3. Watch the Orientation Video
Watch this brief orientation video (8 minutes), which explains the “Agreement to Mediate” form to be signed during the free divorce consultation. As you watch, write down any questions that arise.
Are you uncertain and wondering “Should I get a divorce?”
What if my spouse is in denial about divorce, won’t talk about it, or schedule an appointment?
Read more about Oregon divorce laws and free divorce advice.